Monday, January 12, 2009

I almost just got in a fight with my front door

Everyday for the past 2 weeks every time I walk into work I have co-workers, and parents of the students look at me and say, "Why are you here? You should be on maternity leave". My theory is, I will get bored being on maternity leave for too long. They all tell me I need a vacation before the baby is born. My theory is that after labor, and a couple of sleepless nights feeding the baby my "vacation" will pretty much be a blur, therefore, why bother?

Well today I woke up feeling another cold coming on, and with shooting pains in my leg, so I finally decided I should go on leave. I worked today but it was my last day.

I am already regretting my decision. I am dreading this week and next week. What the heck am I supposed to do with myself?? I have no idea.

To make matters worse, I had a doctor's appointment today. They checked my blood pressure and the baby's hear rate.... and that's it. :-( I was hoping they'd tell me I was making good progress and the baby would come soon. I was hoping they could give me more of an idea of when she's due. Everyone keeps asking me if I've started dilating yet, and I was hoping to have an answer. But no, I got no new info and now I have to spend over a week just sitting around waiting till my next appointment! Ugh. I know that no one can predict when a baby is going to come, I'm not asking for an exact time and date.... I'm just asking for some confirmation that it's something that might happen before next Christmas! The idea of sitting around, waiting, doing nothing, and having absolutely no control over the situation is pretty much my idea of a nightmare!! I am going to go crazy.

The only thing I know is I have sciatica and they can't do anything about it. I just have to deal with the pain in my leg until the baby is born. grrrrr.....

I'm so bummed, and stressed, and upset I almost just got in a fight with my front door..... the stupid keyhole is messed up and we have to literally pull as hard as we can to get the key out, and the metal pieces grind against each other and make a horrible noise.

And, to make matters worse, for the 2nd time in a row the doctor told me the baby's heart beat sounds like a boy! Thanks for giving me something else to stress about for the next few weeks! I wouldn't mind a boy but I have a closet full of dresses!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So honestly, how was your day?

:)

Enjoy the time you have - because you are going to be BUSY!!!

Shelly said...

seriously cayla, use this time to do everything you can't do easily with a baby! stock up on groceries, take 1 million naps, watch lots of fun tv shows, go to the library and get out 15 books that you won't have time to read in a few weeks, look at your precious baby clothes, pray for you sweet baby (heart-rate-shmart-rate--it'll be a girl), make meals ahead of time for the baby, spend time with your MIL and SIL who are home all day, every day too!, go window shopping, go mall walking so that baby comes out quicker, spend lots of time talking and sitting quietly with your husband and enjoy it!
there! now you have a to-do list =)

Shelly said...

i mean make meals ahead of time for you guys when the baby comes...not make meals for the baby...duh =) it's early and my baby is screaming so i can't think very clearly. =)

Micayla said...

Thanks Michelle :-)

Brie Latini said...

Hi Mikayla, I met you at Michelle and Steve's briefly a couple of weeks ago! Don't sweat it- just take the time like Michelle says and take some time to some fun things for yourself you might not have time for once Baby is here!

And now, I must ask...how on earth does a heart beat like a boy??? Does it sound like the ESPN theme? That's what you should be asking your doctor!!

JerseyGranny said...

Shelly's right, Cayla...you can do a lot, really. I like the library/book idea. And you can visit me and Shelly anytime...I like the idea, too!
Trust me...after have the care of minor children from the time I was 18 until just a few years ago...I relish being "bored"!