Thursday, February 26, 2009

The power of prayer

Yesterday was an amazing day. Several things that I have been praying for worked out.

1. We got the farmhouse. We didn't think we would after the landlord tried to get us to sign a lease saying we would move March 6! We couldn't afford that since we'd still have our current apartment to contend with. But we took a chance in asking them to wait till May 1st because we'd be able to afford that (with some help :-). We never thought they'd wait till May 1st, but I said if God wants us to have the house then it'll work out. And it did!!
The real estate agent said we might be able to get the keys a little early because the house needs a lot of TLC, so we're going to have our hands full with cleaning, packing, painting, and moving. But we'll still have our apartment for 2 months, so there's not much of a rush.

2. My sister got into the national guard. This is a two-fold blessing. Her faith in God was really waning. Yesterday she basically said, "Micayla can you pray for me because I basically don't have enough faith to". So of course I did. It was important for her to get accepted right away because next month Obama will be cutting the military signing bonus down from 20,000$ to 10,000$.... not to mention that she had no idea how she would pay her rent next month if she hadn't gotten accepted. And, since I told her I'd be praying, and everything worked out I'm really hoping it's increased her faith.

4 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

That is really great about Jen!

Anonymous said...

lol. For Heavens that he is cutting the military bonus. plz lol. your so ignorant. its the best thing obama can do. read a book, or be educated about peace relations, or foreign policy. it might do u some good.

Anonymous said...

to the anomymous from an anomymous... get a life!

Micayla said...

Umm, to the first anonymous, I'm not complaining about Obama cutting the signing bonus, I was just stating that my sister really needs money right now, so it's good she made the deadline