Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Making it work

This week I finally got a lot of teaching hours...well only 2 yesterday, but 5 today, and I'm scheduled for 5 tomorrow, and 4 on Thursday. It's good since we have the impending 2 months of paying 2 rents ahead of us.
But seriously, I need to give major props to Ryan. It's tricky because just as I'm "going" to work he's coming home, so I prepare dinner, and he has to finish cooking it, then he needs to serve it to me because I am bound to the computer desk. He also has to take care of the baby while cooking dinner. Which, considering she hasn't really cried in the past 4 hours that I've been working, tells me that he's doing a good job of it.
We truly have to work together in order for me keep working part time in the evenings.
It's hard not getting to see him when he gets home from work, but it's worth it to not have strangers raising my daughter!! And I'm sure it's hard on him to not be able to truly relax after work, but I'm so glad he doesn't complain.
And in a way I feel like I'm lucky. I know a lot of other moms that complain that their husband doesnt really take part in raising the kids. Well, Ryan is definitely a big part of Ryleigh's life... I guess it's a bit of a blessing in disguise.

So the next time you see Ryan give him a big pat on the back :-)

P.S. Ryleigh passed her hearing test today :-)

2 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

Hugs and kisses to you all!

Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

Hi! I don't think I've ever commented here before, but I follow along. My name is Sarah Barnhart. I'm a friend of Michelle's - I went to and taught at BRS. Can I ask you what job it is that you do online? My husband and I have a little girl (almost a year old), and I would love to work from home to help pay the bills!! Thank you so much!