Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The power of family

I went to Bible study at church for the first time this morning. I walked in and only saw 2 people that I knew, everyone else looked familiar but I had never met them. And, apparently the people in the Bible study were all in a previous Bible study together, so I was a newbie. They all looked at me like, "Who's this strange woman?".... that is, until someone asked me my name. As soon as I said "Weber" I heard a big, "Oh".... and then it was like everyone knew who I was.
I got asked, "Which one did you marry, Ryan or Jonathan?". One woman asked, "Weber? As in Karen Weber?"
Someone told me she used to baby-sit Ryan. One woman said she went to school with Frankie and Steve. One woman was Jonathan's teacher. I instantly got accepted into the group just because of my family.
And all the other people knew me as Ryleigh's mom because Ryleigh is well known now because of the play. Haha.