Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Random acts of kindness

Yesterday as we were driving home from New Hampshire, we did not have a very pleasant trip. Ryleigh was mad to be in the car for so long, the highway was closed so we had to figure out a new route, and I got a speeding ticket ( my first one in 5 years :-( )
We stopped at a McDonald's for some food and as we were pulling in a guy driving another Scion pulled in right next to us. So, we got out and we complimented each other on the cars, and then he talked about how cute Ryleigh is. Then we went inside, used the bathrooms, and changed Ryleigh's diaper. When we came out that guy was still there. We went to order our food and he came right up to the register, laid down a 20$ bill and said that he wanted to buy us lunch! I don't know if it was just cause we had a scion, or maybe just cause we were polite and friendly... either way, it was a nice surprise.
Now I'm thinking I should "pay it forward" and find someone to do something nice for. Let's hope an opportuinity crosses my path.

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

We entertain angels unawares!