Friday, July 31, 2009

Being content

I haven't blogged in a while cause I guess I've been busy.
We're all settled into our new place and I know that we made the right choice in living here. I told Ryan that if I ever start feeling discouraged about the fact that we are still living in an apartment instead of a house he needs to send me to my closet. I love my closet.... especially the part where the floor is flat, instead of slanted like our old one, so I can actually walk into my walk-in closet. I also love Ryleigh's closet.
I love our patio. Ryleigh, Hera and I have been sitting out there for a few minutes every morning. Ryleigh squeals every time she sees Hera, so every morning she squeals, and all the neighborhood dogs start barking, haha.
One amazing thing is that we have empty space in some parts of the apartment. I though empty space was unheard of... I only wish the empty spaces were in my kitchen, cause there's definitely a space issue there. However, there is a country decor store down the street, (which Ryan showed me, so he's not allowed to get mad if I buy anything there). So, I am in search of a bread box, and some kind of cabinet that will look nice, but hold all the extra kitchen items.
One weird thing is that this complex is about the same size as our old one, and yet I hardly ever see people outside. There are definitely no stay-at-home-moms close by :-( But there's no naked guy, and no smokers who sit outside all day like at our old place.... so, you win some, you lose some.
Overall this is a good place for us to be :-)

No comments: