Monday, August 31, 2009

Camping Fun

I am so thankful for a baby that's up for anything. This weekend as we were camping she pretty much just needed a second to look around the camp site, then she basically was like, "Ok, so this is where we're spending the weekend, I'm okay with that and I'm gonna have fun."

I was so happy to have my parents with us because a) it was nice to have extra help with Ry since I couldn't really just put her on the ground to play when I needed to get stuff done, b) it's nice that they could share in Ryleigh's first camping experience, since they've missed out on a few other "firsts".

We enjoyed swimming, cooking out, making smores, and fishing. And get this, I had to teach my dad how to fish. haha. He's never been fishing with a real pole, he used to just stick string on a stick when he was a kid. I never thought I'd even learn how to fish and now I'm so good I can teach it! (except none of us actually caught anything because the lake wasn't very well stocked).


My Ry's <3


Hanging out in her pack& play
My dad "fishing"... one of the first things he caught was the grass on the side of the lake, so he was trying to figure out how to get his hook out

My mom, happy to have finally gotten their air mattress blown up!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

ryleigh's at such a good age for adventures! so glad you guys had a good time!