Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are you kidding me?!

As I started teaching a student I have never taught before I was assessing how much remembered about a certain topic: probability.

I have the ability to see how my students did on previous lessons, so that I can kind of get a feel for how well they've been doing. This particular student seemed to struggle with probability for about 5 lessons, and then slowly improved, and got 100s on her 11th and 12th lesson on it (normally students only need 3 lessons on each topic)

I asked her, "Do you remember learning about probability?"
Her reply: "Nope"
Me: "Not at all? Cause your records say you have completed 12 lessons on it so far, and you've gotten a couple of 100s on it. Are you sure you don't remember?"
Her: "Nope not at all"

......

seriously?

Sometimes I feel like just banging my head against the wall

No comments: