Monday, May 3, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend my mom came down to visit... well, actually, she's still here, but will be leaving in a few hours.
I'm so glad she came down. I have been feeling so down/lonely/frustrated/etc, and it was so nice to have someone to talk to and have fun with. Ryleigh loves having her grandma around too.

On Saturday, with a forcast of 91 degrees we decided to head down to OC. I thought everyone would have the same idea and we'd be stuck in traffic forever. Nope. No traffic. Empty parking spaces right near the boardwalk. Beautiful weather for laying on the beach. :-) We bought Ryleigh her first shovel and pail and she absolutely loved it! We ate good food, and just enjoyed relaxing. And Ryleigh got to ride the rides for the first time and I think she enjoyed it, but she was a little scared going up high on the elephant ride.

On Sunday after church we headed to the zoo. It was very very humid, so we were dripping with sweat, but we still had a good time. Ryleigh had fun naming all the animals, and roaring at the lions. Ryan and I also did the math and realized that after paying for 2 adults, plus parking, it wasn't really that much more to just buy a family membership to the zoo.... so now we can return for "free" whenever we want. yay!

Now I am enjoying some freedom as my mom is reading books and playing with Ryleigh and I actually get some free time with the computer. What a nice way to start the day!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

we love our zoo membership! worth every stinkin' penny!! i'm sure you'll love having one! ours JUST expired last week! boo!