Saturday, June 5, 2010

Freeness!

I am constantly scouring the internet trying to find fun, cheap, interesting things for me and Ryleigh to do. Lately Ryan's been working 6 days a week, so that's a lot of time in the day for us to fill. Sometimes we go on play dates. Sometimes we have absolutely nothing to do so we peruse Target, and it usually ends up with me buying more toys. Today however, we had a fun-filled free day.

There is an equestrian center in Logan Twp. called Dream Park. They had a community day today, with tons of free things. We got popcorn and snow cones, and we got to walk through the stables to see all the horses. Ryleigh was in heaven! She was all about petting the horses, and did not show the tiniest bit of fear. Even one big stallion aptly named "Spirit", who had a lot of spirit....but kinda leaning more towards the evil side. He kept "neighing", and while all the other kids backed away in fear Ryleigh laughed at him. Haha.

Dream Park also had free pony rides. And again, while other kids were too scared to get on the ponies Ryleigh jumped right on with no problem. (I was holding on to her the whole time, and walking beside the horse of course). She absolutely loved it. When it was time to get down she didn't want to let go. As soon as I got her off she started signing "more". So I asked if she could ride again, and since it was free she got to go again. She probably could have ridden as many times as she wanted, but I decided it would be nicer to give other kids a turn.

After that we headed to Friendly's for Free Ice Cream day! Yay for more freeness!

I was so happy to have a fun day with Ryleigh, without having to worry about money. I was also thankful that she got to experience something new today. I love watching her have new experiences!!

Next week we're planning on going on a Duck boat tour of Philadelphia. It's something we've always wanted to do, and I'm pretty sure Ryleigh is going to love it..... well, maybe not so much the tour part, but she'll definitely love the duck, and the boat parts. (Too bad it's totally not free!)

No comments: