Thursday, July 29, 2010

Too stinkin big!

Ryleigh is too stinkin' big! Not physically of course, but mentally.

She now is in the "I want to do everything by myself" stage. It seems like "self" is her new favorite word. Whether it's brushing her teeth or eating cereal. Thank God her fine motor skills are improving more and more and she's spilling everything less often.... but there's still a whole lot of mess to clean up.

One of her favorite things to do is "talk" on the phone. Everytime she picks up my phone she puts it to her ear and starts saying "hello". But, up until today she would never actually talk when someone else was on the other line. This morning "Grandma" called, and Ryleigh listened to what she was saying, and actually responded to her questions. So stinkin' cute! They talked about everything they did last weekend, and Ryleigh even said "I Love you". And then she didn't want to hang up. I think she would have been content talking all day.

She's only 18 months... shouldn't she be like 13 when she wants to talk on the phone all day?!

This kid needs to stop growing and be my little baby for just a little while longer!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Aw, how cute! I hear you, Danny wants to do everything, but he's not good with the utensils yet. Makes meal options that much smaller that I can only give him finger foods!