Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy, busy bee

I don't have time for blogging lately cause I'm so busy.
If I'm not changing diapers or feeding Ryleigh or Xander then I'm planning stuff for my sister's shower, or planning stuff for our house.
I'm mostly excited about the house stuff. After several trips to Lowe's and Home Depot we think we have nailed down the paint colors we want for each room, and the flooring we hope to put in on the main floor. I've also chosen some wall stickers I would like for some of the rooms because I figure they will be easier to stick on than trying to securely hang things on the plaster walls. (Ryan does not like wall stickers, so I kinda have to push him on it)

The only room I'm stumped on is ours. I would love to actually make it look romantic, unlike the bedroom/office/drum studio we have now. It's a very bright room since it's on the 3rd floor and has lots of windows. Ryan wants to do dark red, I'd rather keep the room a little more bright and airy. I can't think of a good solution.

My other problem is Ry's room. We chose a nice light purple color for her walls, and I know how I want it to look... but I want it to look like a Pottery Barn catalog.... but at a Walmart price, and I'm just not finding anything I like within my price range.

But despite my difficulties I am so excited about moving!!

                                                     Dreaming ^

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Cute idea! Maybe for the bedroom color you can take a deep red and texture the color with a spongeish effect with lighter shades and a contrast creme to lighten it up? Also, you can do the deep color on just one wall, usually the focal wall that the bed will be on, and the rest a contrasting creme color and use more airy curtains to lighten it up? Just thinking out loud. I love this stuff haha. Have fun picking out your decor! :)