Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I need patience and wisdom, and more time would be nice

I officially have an embarrassingly disobedient child. Like, the kind that you see in public, and you think to yourself, "That mom must not discipline her child". But I do discipline! All day long. Time outs, spankings, positive reinforcement, you name it, I've tried it. Nothing seems to affect my very headstrong, independent daughter.
I've decided it would be much easier if I just didn't leave the house. She always manages to reach the height of disobedience whenever I am feeding Xander. So if we're in a public place and she starts acting up, running away or getting into trouble there's nothing I can do about it.
I am so over the terrible twos!

And as far as time goes, I need more of it. Yesterday I got so busy I completely forgot about the fact that I was supposed to log in some hours for work! And trying to get my Bible study homework done, or time on my hobby, or even just time to breathe is impossible.

Thankfully I have a God who can help me learn patience and who can give me wisdom even when my mind is completely blank and frazzled by my kids!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

one day at a time it gets easier--you'll slowly have more time to get things done and more energy to do them (i promise =). you can do it, hang in there! and try not to take two too seriously, three is like 15,000 times worse =) amelie was the QUEEN of the 2 year old tantrum (i was a million months pregnanty with maeve and once she was screaming and kicking and wrestling to get away so violently that she KICKED MY SKIRT OFF OF MY BODY!. she is so obedient now that she punishes herself sometimes (like makes herself go to her room when she is bad). ryleigh is busy testing boundaries--keep being consistent just as you are and she'll give up eventually. i actually bought books and did research with amelie 'cause she was sooooo bad. it passed though--just a phase and now she's super good--but honestly she wasn't consistently well behaved until 4. oy.