Tuesday, June 28, 2011

If the music's too loud...

... then you're too old.
Or so the saying goes.
Apparently, two days shy of my 29th birthday I am officially "too old".

Someone in the house across the street from us has been playing drums since 12:30 this morning. His windows are open, to fully expose the entire neighborhood to his noise. He started right before my kid's naptime and didn't finish until after their bedtime. At one point he had a bass join him.
This is the first time since we moved that this has happened. It better not continue.

But I am feeling "old" for letting it annoy me. There once was a time not very long ago that I would have been with that drummer. I'd be in the room enjoying the music, and singing along. Ibed  was an unofficial roadie with a band that played louder music than that. Plus, I married a drummer, and one of the things that first attracted me to him was the fact that he's a drummer.

Fast forward to today where one of the biggest things in my life is getting my kids to bed at appropriate times, and I get angry with anyone and anything that stands in the way of that.

Seriously though, I like my peace and quiet. If I was allowed I would totally move to an over 55 community. It would be wonderful! The loudest sound I'd have to deal with is all the old people shouting at each other cause they're hard of hearing.

No comments: