Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Overwhelmed!

Right now I am feeling very overwhelmed.

The unpacking is almost done. We just have the office left to unpack, and then just some organization of things we're keeping, but need to be stored in an orderly fashion so we can find them when we need them.
Once the unpacking is done we can start decorating, but here's the problem... I don't want to hang stuff on the walls until I paint. I can't paint until I can afford to buy some paint. I can't afford paint until we get our security deposit back from our apartment in the end of July/beginning of August :-( I do not want to wait that long to start making my house look beautiful!

I know I shouldn't expect it took look instantly beautiful, and that it will take time, but I'm anxious to at least start the beautification process!

The outside is coming along. We still have a lot of bushes to pull up. I need to continue edging the walkways and clearing out all the weeds and overgrown stuff in the flower beds. We also need a lawn mower, but thankfully we were able to borrow our neighbors yesterday.

Then there's all the furniture we need. We mostly just need furniture for the front porch, like rocking chairs or something. And we need patio furniture and a grill.

I know everyone wants pictures, but I dont want to put up pics of the interior without it being all nice and painted because seriously right now our entire house is painted beige/peachy and it's very dull.

With that all being said..... my birthday is coming up, if anyone wants to buy me a present Home Depot/Lowe's gift cards would totally be welcomed :-) :-)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

hey darlin! a couple of things--
1. walmart paint is great quality and it's only $15 a gallon. a gallon is enough to do two coats in one room and then a little more.
2. walmart has awesome deals on gas grills--last year we got ours for $50 and they gave us a $50 gift card when we bought it! i know they run this promotion every year--so maybe look for that?
3. craigslist has a lot of patio furniture sets for cheap!
4. you can do it! one project at a time! i know how you feel!!