Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ugliness

So at work we have 13 kids. I will admit that not all of them are the typical "cute" children. There's this one in particular. She has eczema, and severe allergies which cause her to have rashes all over her body. Her poor body is itchy all over, and she scratches so hard she makes herself bleed. All this itchiness and pain makes her freak out several times a day. But it's understandable.

The other day I was changing this girl's diaper, which she hates, so I was trying to calm her down. I was saying the usual thing like, "calm down honey". I also said something like, "Don't cry, you're so much cuter when you smile". Well, one of my co-workers just looked at me and said, "Cute. She's not cute, she's ugly". The one short little comment just threw me for a loop. How could anyone say this poor girl is ugly? Yes she has rashes and imperfect skin, but she also has the cutest smile, she gives the biggest hugs, and she is a baby. I just wanted to look at that woman and say, "No, you're the ugly one, you're ugly on the inside for even daring to say something so mean about an innocent child". Ugh, it makes me so mad.

This same woman has taken it upon herself to destroy all the faith I have in Ryan being a good dad. Keep in mind, she's never even met him. But she makes comments all the time. I told her when Ryan has early days he will pick up Ryleigh from school to spend time with her. Her comment, "yeah that's what all the dads say, but they never do it.". Yesterday she asked, "What will your husband do when the baby starts crying?". I said, "He'll try to make her laugh and cheer her up". This woman said, "No, he'll be handing her to you. Dad's can't stand crying children.". Then today, while kids were crying, "Don't you wish you weren't having your baby?". Arrrgggggg! Are you serious! This lady drives me crazy! I can't believe she can be so mean all the time. And the worst part is, she's my superior and I am supposed to respect her. How can I respect someone with such a horrible attitude towards children and family?

I found out she doesn't believe in religion. So I know I am there to be a Godly example and hopefully witness to her. But, I don't know how. She's cold hearted and disrepectful. She never says the words please or thank you, she lies to the parents all the time, she complains about our managers, and she bad mouths all the parents. It's driving me crazy. Just pray I survive till my maternity leave!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

never fear, ryan will be an excellent father if his brother is any indication! s is the most wonderful husband and father, i often thinks he does a LOT more than i do. he rocks!

JerseyGranny said...

Keep the faith...we raised our sons to be responsible, loving men. At least we tried to! Anyway, I will pray for you...that you will be able to endure her nastiness with grace. She needs the Savior.

Anonymous said...

Sounds lilke this individual has had a difficult life and takes it out on everyone else. If you continue to respond in positive ways (or sometimes not at all) she'll eventually get the picture that her comments have no effect on you personally and hopefully will keep her mouth shut.
I mentioned it before - R will be an awesome dad! I am looking forward to seeing the new arrival in January!