Friday, October 3, 2008

Aloneness

Ok so first off I'd like to say that I know the title of my blog isn't a real word. But I am alone, and I'm not really feeling lonely, so I couldn't say loneliness so I improvised.

Ryan left this morning to go camping with a couple of his co-workers. I am trying not to be nervous about it, even though it's supposed to be very cold at night, and I hate spending time away from him. The last weekend we were apart was during a business conference where the guys and girls slept in different rooms...... it ended in a trip to the hospital. Not fun. But, this time I sent him off with all his emergency information and equipment. He is also camping with a guy who was an EMT for a number of years, so if anyone is able to handle an emergency situation it's him. So, with that being said, I am husbandless and trying to be worry free.

Like any good husband Ryan left me with a set amount of money to spend on myself this weekend :-) :-) So I will busy myself with buying some much needed maternity clothes, a new purse, and more fall decorations. I also have a 3 hour training session for Sylvan on Saturday for a new computer program they're switching to..... no so fun, but I get paid for it. I'm also hoping to hang out with my closest friend in NJ, so all in all the weekend should go by quickly.

The weird thing is, although I am at home all alone, I'm not completely alone. I have this precious little baby kicking me in the stomach, saying, "Mom, I'm here". And all the baby books say now is the time to start talking to her, and singing to her. One book even suggested I dance because she can feel the rhythmic sways. ..... I probably won't go that far. But I find it amusing that I will most likely spend the majority of my weekend conversing with someone that no one else can see.

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

I liked your last sentence. Very sweet! Oh, and now both of us can worry about Ryan although I'm glad that there is someone who was an EMT on the trip.