Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I need a break!

At the beginning of this week my class had 13 kids in it. Starting tomorrow it will have 16. Our ratio is 4 babies to 1 teacher. We have 3 teachers. It doesn't take a genius to figure out we will be out of ratio. Do you think our director will be doing anything about this? Nope. We're usually over ratio by 1 baby, maybe she figures 3 more won't hurt?

I would just love for a parent to come in and notice we're out of ratio and yell at the director :-) But I doubt that'll happen.

For now we'll just have to somehow deal.

I sure could use a prenatal massage. After lifting babies up and down all day my back hurts, my knees hurt, my arms hurt...... it's no fun working full time and being 6 months pregnant. At work I do everything everyone else does. I don't wimp out because I'm pregnant. I don't expect them to allow me to sit on my butt because I'm pregnant. And I'm actually scared to ask them to take it easy on me. For my first 90 days I am on probation, which means, they can review my performance and decide I am not living up to the standards of my position, and I could lose my job. So I have to prove that me being pregnant will not hinder my performance............ but I really really want to say, "No, I can't lift that huge baby up over the 4 foot door and pass him to you because I'm pregnant and it's dangerous for me to do so"......

I am so tired!!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

pregnancy is excellent preparation for motherhood--it just gets harder and more tiring! be thankful that now when you want to sleep the baby has to sleep--it's a blessing to have them inside where they stay in ONE place =) it's good when they come out too--but not nearly as relaxing =)