Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm not laughing anymore

So if you read my blog yesterday you would have read my "amusing" story about how a mom told me I shouldn't be picking up babies out of cribs because I'm pregnant. Well, that same mom went up to one of my supervisors today and told her that I couldn't pick up a baby out of a crib. That one little comment from a parent lead to me being yelled at by two supervisors. I was told that if I can't do what is required of me then I should just quit. (seriously, the mom would not let me pick the baby up out of the crib. She stood right there and told me not to..... what was I supposed to do? Push her out of the way??)
I was also yelled at for making a comment that a baby's poop was gross. Yeah, my boss over heard me saying that and I got yelled at for it today. And I seriously do mean yelled at. The thing that sucks about having a woman boss is that women tend to get bad attitudes, and can't keep them in check even when they're supposed to be acting professional.
I also got yelled at because my boss has heard me complaining that my back hurts. Of course my back hurts! I'm 6 and a half months pregnant! I've gained weight. I am carrying my baby, plus other peoples babies around all day. What do they expect? And seriously, everyone at work complains about something. Geez. God forbid I make a comment that my back hurts!!!!
I also got reprimanded for keeping it a secret that I am pregnant, and not telling my boss before they hired me. And since that is totally illegal I will be filing a complaint.

Ugh. Overall, my work day sucked! And my stupid emotions got the best of me and I cried in front of my boss, and all of my co-workers. It was embarrassing and stupid and I hate that I have to face those people again!!

And yes, I am over emotional lately, but I totally blame Ryleigh.

2 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

You are in my prayers, dear Micayla. And, women make the worst bosses for other women. I have never had a woman boss that didn't make me want to...well...enough said.

Anonymous said...

What's the phone number where you work? NOBODY messes with OUR family!!! :) :)