Saturday, October 25, 2008

Little by little

So sometimes I get frustrated about money.... or lack thereof. I get so jealous of people who own a house, and get to go on vacations, and get to buy more than one new outfit a year. I try to remind myself that money isn't everything but it can get pretty hard.
This weekend, however, I started realizing that we are getting closer to having a good money situation. My car needed new brakes and new routers. One of my old cars needed all that done one time and it lead to me calling home, crying, stressing about how I would pay for it and then I think I had to use a credit card to pay for it. This time Ryan paid for the repairs and that was that. I am still in shock that we were actually able to do that.
We also went and joined Sam's Club today. It seems like a good idea since we'll be having to buy diapers, and wipes like crazy. Plus the Sam's Club in Deptford has a gas station with cheap gas for members. At this time last year we wouldn't have been able to even afford a membership. We were counting our pennies, and a couple of times when our pay days, and our days where our big bills had to be paid didn't quite match up we'd be overdrawn on our account. I would cry almost every night because I was so scared we wouldn't be able to pay our rent and we'd get kicked out and be homeless.
So although I get frustrated about having to work 2 jobs, and the fact that we can't afford for me to be a stay at home mom, I am thankful for the progress we are making. I am trying to not complain too much...... but that will also take some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been there. Done that. Written the book - made the movie. I think there is going to be a sequel by moving into a our own house!

All I can tell you two is that for eleven years of marriage God has never, ever failed to supply exaclty what we needed when we needed it. Yeah, we're in debt too, but we eat, we are clothed and we have shelter. Remember, our reward waits for us in eternity - everything here is just temporary!