Friday, January 2, 2009

I got permission

I had a doctor's appointment today. This week they took my blood for the last time, and ran some other test to make sure everything's good for when I go into labor. They estimated that the baby will be a "6.5 pounder". Her heartbeat's good. My blood pressure is good.. everything's good.

My doctor officially "gave me permission" to have the baby.... in other words, Ryleigh is full term, things are looking good, and everything's a go. My due date is officially the 22nd now. They've been mentioning that date, but I guess all the measurements and stuff line up with that date instead of the 29th now, so it's my new due date..... that's 20 days away!

As I was about to leave the doctor said, "I'll see you at your next appointment, or at the hospital, whichever comes first"..... Ahhh..... that was kind of nerve racking.... my next appointment in in 9 days! I don't even want to think about having the baby in the next 9 days... it seems too soon!

But I did go home and pack a bag for Ryleigh since I was given a list of everything I'll need at the hospital for her. So we're ready with that. I just still can't bring myself to pack an over night bag for myself.....it seems like it should be against some crazy superstition to pack your bag early. Like, if I pack early then she'll come two weeks late or something.

I really hope I feel more ready once the time actually comes.... but I doubt I will

No comments: