Monday, February 23, 2009

Family

We had a very successful weekend, in that Ryleigh got to meet a lot of family. She's only met about half of my side of the family, but it included 3 great-grandmothers, one great-grandfather, 2 grandfathers, 3 aunts, 1 great-great aunt, 3 great-aunts, and I think 8 of my cousins who I'm not sure what the name of that relationship would be to her. Needless to say, this little girl got a lot of love this weekend!

Now I'm at home enjoying time with her. I don't think I held her all weekend except for when she was hungry.... people even wanted to change her diapers for me! And she's enjoying not being stuck in a car seat right now!

The hardest part was coming home. Everyone was begging us to move there. I even had people at church that I didn't even know telling me that I'm breaking my mother's heart by being so far away! I don't want to break my mother's heart, but I also don't want to completely uproot my life again either. Not to mention the fact that no matter what state we live in we will always have family in another state missing us.

P.S. No word on whether or not we got the farmhouse yet. The landlord is stalling to make necessary electrical repairs to the house. But the real estate agent said we both have good credit scores, so hopefully we'll get approved. Then we'll just have to figure out the whole money situation. It's such a great deal we don't want to pass it up, especially since we're considering asking about a rent to own kind of deal. But we know that if it's meant to be, God will provide.

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

Glad you had a great time with your family! I've missed you all!