Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy tears

Something about these crazy hormones and emotions that have been going on this past week cause me to cry at least twice a day. Lately they've been somewhat happy tears.

My grandparents sent me a congratulations card. In the card were also a CD and a mini-devotional. So every morning Ryleigh and I read through the devotion together, and we listen to the CD. The first song sings about how our children aren't really ours, they're God's, we're just privileged to take care of them for a short time. And the guy's voice who sings it reminds me of my dads. So the tears flow through the whole song.

It's not sad, it's happy. I sit there and think about the loving grandparents who care so much for my daughter that the first thing they send her is a devotional. Then I think about how lucky Ryleigh is to have great-grandparents, and granparents that all love the Lord. Then I think about how lucky I am to get to care for such a sweet baby. And I think about everything I want her to do with her life and I picture the kind of woman she will grow up to be. And I am so thankful that she is surrounded by such a loving, supportive family that will help her grow into a strong, loving, Christian woman.

Gosh, who knew one little song could bring about such deep thoughts. :-)
So although sometimes these tears that I can't really seem to control can get annoying sometimes I know I will look back on the quiet mornings we had together thinking about our family and praying to God to keep her safe.

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

Amen, Cayla! We love you!