Friday, February 6, 2009

My little stinker

Not to be mean to Ryleigh but she really is a stinker. She keeps having these awful BMs, which I won't go into detail about, but trust me they smell. And right before she has a BM she's been spitting up a lot. The doctor seems to think it's normal, so I'm trying not to worry. But seriously, last night we were up about 5 times where we had to wipe her down, change her diaper and then I had to feed her. It was not fun.

The best time of night is when I finally relinquish all baby care to Ryan. He puts her to sleep by laying her on his chest. She sleeps so soundly, I'm pretty sure it's her favorite place in the world. And then when it's time to go to work he hands her over to me where she'll sleep in my arms until 9am. I like being able to catch up on sleep at the end of the morning, but poor Ryan is going to get tired out with this schedule. Hopefully soon she'll figure out the whole night and day thing.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep her up as much as possible during the day.... I don't know how but she manages to fall asleep even when I'm moving her arms and legs and talking to her.

And, finally, I absolutely hate not being able to drive! The doctor said wait two weeks! I cannot just sit around. And I'm not supposed to do housework (which is fine with me), but I'm supposed to not go up and down stairs a lot, which is next to impossible when the kitchen and tv are downstairs, but the bathroom and crib are upstairs. Ryan said he'll buy me one of those old people chairs that you can ride up the stairs :-)

2 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

Ah, I remember these days well! Don't fret, this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

First rule of newborns 101:

All we do is eat, sleep and poop!
Have a nice day :)

I would put Hadassah on my chest to help her sleep too - she has always been daddy's girl!