Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A big lesson

Every day I get bored sitting at home, so I try to go out somewhere. Whether it's walking around the mall, browsing the aisles of Target, or heading to the dollar store so that I can actually afford to shop.
Today I wanted to go to Barnes & Noble, one of my favorite places to go. But when I looked at Ryleigh she was nice and content and I didn't want to leave and ruin that. Most of the time if we're out and she's in her car seat and stroller she will sleep non-stop, thus messing up her feeding schedule and her sleeping schedule. (Not that she's really on a schedule, but she gets all out of whack).
So, now I'm starting to realize that one of the great sacrifices of being a parent is staying at home all day, doing nothing, just so your baby is a little happier. It's pretty rough and I don't enjoy it.... but I enjoyed all the smiles Ryleigh gave me as we played together on the floor :-)

I'm slowly getting the hang of the whole mom thing.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

once she develops a schedule you'll be able to go out! the good Lord knows i wouldn't make it through the day if i didn't go somewhere!!! even somewhere small makes a difference! it'll get easier!

JerseyGranny said...

Moms constantly learn and grow! Love you, Cayla!