Friday, March 13, 2009

Why are hints so hard to get??

Lately I have been trying to hint to my wonderful husband about how tired I am. I've been trying to leave subtle hints that I would love to be able to take a nap. I figure, if he decides to offer to watch the baby so I can sleep then he'll look like a really sweet guy, instead of me telling him what to do which just makes me look pushy. So I've been saying things like,

"I'm so tired I can barely see straight"
"I just want a couple of hours of continuous sleep"
"Last night when I woke up to feed the baby I was so tired I could barely stand up"

To me those seem very plain and obvious. I'd really like to know what goes on in his head when I'm saying that. Maybe he just thinks I'm whining and complaining? I know he works long hours full-time, and I only work part time, but still, even part-time workers need sleep occassionally!!

So, I know he reads this blog, so maybe he'll pick up on the hints now. :-) Haha.

The only bad part is, even if he takes the baby and stays downstairs with her, as soon as she starts crying I can hear it from the bedroom and it wakes me up. ::sigh::
Everything will be so much better once we move!! Ryleigh will be in her own bedroom and then I won't wake up at every single little cooing sound she makes during the night. Last night she went 5 hours between feedings... but I couldn't sleep because she was wide awake in her crib just playing with her hands or something and making little noises.

I wish I could sleep like a rock like Ryan.

2 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

This too shall pass...except the thing with men getting hints! ha!

Shelly said...

i find it's much better to tell steve what i actually need--not what i want him to figure out what i need--everyone's happier that way.