Sunday, March 8, 2009

The cure for lonliness

Friday night I was feeling so sad. I didn't reallly socialize at all during the week. When Ryan gets home from work we usually have dinner and then sit in front of the tv for the evening. It drives me crazy! But try to be understanding cause he works all day and is tired and needs to relax in the evenings. So, I live for the weekends.

Friday night rolled around and when we found ourselves going grocery shopping and then heading home I was pretty darn upset. I need socialization. I crave it.

But thankfully I got cured of my lonliness the rest of the weekend. We visited our 5 nieces and nephews in Cape May. We had fun chowing down on giant 2' hoagies, watching Hosanna chase one of the horses around, and watching Hadassah ride Lion. It was also nice to introduce Ryleigh to the rest of the cousins..... but they had a hard time understanding that Ryleigh can't do everything their baby does. :-)

Today at church we were asked to go to lunch with 4 other couples, so that was great socialization, especially since one couple is expecting their first baby. We got to show them that just because you have a baby doesn't mean you have to be a hermit.

Now we're heading over to a friend's house for burgers and game night. We had a game night last week and found that the 6 of us enjoy competition. Ryan and I won in the Newlywed Game last week.... let's see how well we do in Trivial Pursuit!

No comments: