Thursday, March 26, 2009

My brain hurts!

I went to the Social Security Administration office today. Ryleigh's SS card still hasn't come in the mail, so I went to go get a copy.

On the front door of the building there was a sign that said, "Cell phone use prohibited in the waiting room". So, I stopped, turned my cell phone off, and went into the waiting room. I looked around and saw 7 people on cell phones! One person was sitting directly under another copy of the sign, while talking under her phone... I wanted to take a pic of the irony, but my cell phone was off so I couldn't. Haha. As I sat and waited for 2 hours I even saw the security guard talking on her cell phone. Ahh! Can't people read? Or maybe "prohibited" is such a big word that they don't know what it means!

After my 2 hour wait I got called in. I was asked for ID for Ryleigh. I had her birth certificate. I was told that doesn't count as ID for a baby. The woman told me, "It only proves that she was born, it doesn't prove that she didn't die". Ahhhhhh! So, I asked what a proper form of ID is, and she said I need to get her Dr. to write her name and birth date on a prescription paper. How the heck is a state issued birth certificate not enough ID, but a hand-written name and date is??

What has happened to this country?? It's full of morons!

No comments: