Monday, April 6, 2009

The first time

Yesterday was the first time Ryleigh had a major blowout in her diaper, while we were out, that got on my clothes. Ahhh.

We were in church, she was hungry, so I headed to the nursing room to feed her. Ryleigh has this thing where she likes to eat and go to the bathroom at the same time. She pretty much does this every time she eats. So, I heard her filling up her diaper but I thought nothing of it... until I felt something warm on my hand. Yup, she pooped through the diaper, a onsie, tights, and a dress and onto my pants! I started freaking out because I had left her diaper bag on the pew, instead of bringing it with me (dumb, I know). Thankfully, right at that moment a friend of mine had been searching for me to talk to me about something. She came in the room, saw the poop, then I'm pretty sure I accidently flashed her... and she asked if she could do anything to help. So she got the diaper bag for me.

The crazy part is, everyone in the church knows that Ryleigh is going to be in the Spring play. So as I was heading to the changing table I got stopped by like 3 people who wanted to coo at the cute "star". I had to walk past them and kind of ignore them while I concentrated on not getting poo everywhere! But they just followed me to the changing table while I stripped her, wiped her down, and changed her outfit. We had like 4 people just standing there watching me do it, and just commenting on how cute she was. Haha.

Other than that yesterday was a good day. I'm excited because a few women's Bible studies are starting up. A friend of mine asked me to go with her. I was planning on going anyway, but I'm glad I'll have a friend there. I'm also going to start going to Mom's Time Out as well. I'm very excited about getting to spend time with other moms. Plus, I'll have something to look forward to once a week. I'm somewhat looking forward to Ryleigh being in the play as well. The director asked us to be at all the rehearsals.... seriously, what does a baby need to rehearse in order to play the part of a baby?? So, we'll go to like half the rehearsals. But I think it'll be fun.

No comments: