Friday, May 15, 2009

Police interrogations

I got interrogated by the police today. They showed up on my doorstep this morning. Thank God I had just talked to Ryan two minutes earlier or I would have thought something bad happened to him.
Apparently the woman that lives 4 units down from us was found dead in her apartment. They said they're not really sure what happened to her, so they're just asking around. But, they did specifically ask if we had heard any arguments or fighting on Saturday, so I'm thinking she didn't exactly die peacefully. I told them we were in Baltimore that day and didn't notice anything suspicious. They took down my name and contact info, and then left.

The sad thing is, I have no idea what the woman looked like. She died on Saturday, but they just found her today, why didn't someone notice before then?
We have been living here for almost 2 years and I've only ever talked to a handful of our neighbors. They're always outside, having BBQs and playing with their kids, but we avoid them. Honestly, a better word would be "snub". We have always felt like we are better than them. I don't know why. We're all pretty much middle class citizens, who have to deal with the same crappy maintenance men, and tiny apartments with little storage.
How awful is it that this woman may have not been a Christian. We may have run into her in passing, but we never struck up a conversation. Because of our unfriendliness she may have never heard about God. How self-centered can we be? Ugh.

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

A lesson all of us should learn! Thanks for sharing, Cayla.