Saturday, October 31, 2009

To those of you who buy me Christmas presents

Ryan and I re-organized our living room/dining room. We realized that we had no cohesive style going on. When we got married we kept all our respective decor items and just mashed them all together. And since Ryan and I have completely different tastes that just didn't work well.
We separated everything into categories, and then chose just one category that we liked. Sadly, my country stuff didn't make it. We decided on keeping a small purple vase, and a small glass vase that holds white and purple flowers. We also kept my Willow Tree figurines out because I refuse to put them away :-) Other than that we just stuck to picture frames. So, while I do appreciate a less cluttered room, I was sad to see a lot of things be put into the closet to be stored away until we get a house, where we'll hopefully have more room for them.
All that to say, I am thankful to the people who have been adding to my country collection little by little, but if you buy me anything like that this year for Christmas I will be forced to put it in the closet :-(

No comments: