Friday, November 6, 2009

Yay for encouragement

Tonight while I was teaching one of my students typed me a note saying Thank you. She said I helped her learn a lot and understand the math problems well. It was so nice and encouraging. It's nice to know that as a teacher I am sometimes successful in explaining difficult math problems. I know that my students have learned the skills I'm teaching them in school before, and obviously, since they're struggling, they're teacher didn't explain it to them in a way that they understood. It's challenging to think of a different way to explain things to my students so they do understand. So it was very rewarding tonight to be told that I am doing a good job :-)

Now if only I could get some praise and encouragement from my other "jobs".

As a side note: Thank God for DVR. You would think that since the world series is over, and there's no football on Friday nights that I would actually get to watch MY shows... but no, of course there's got to be a hockey game on! Stupid sports.... Ugly Betty will just have to wait till tomorrow :-(

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

Well, I think you're pretty special: a loving wife; an amazing mom; and a sweet DIL!!!