Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I'm thankful for

Lately I've been feeling pretty down about Ryan working so much. I keep reminding myself that it's only a temporary thing because it's busy season right now. Everything will slow down after the holidays. But, still it sucks when we see each other for about 5 minutes (or less) in between our jobs.

But thankfully yesterday he got home early! We were able to have a sit-down family dinner together, we had a chance to go shopping (although we didn't end up buying anything), and we had time to play with Ryleigh. The best part was that she actually took her first 2 steps. I know we still have a while till she's actually walking. Those 2 steps were almost a fluke, but it was an improvement, normally she's too scared to even try. And I was so, so glad that Ryan was there to see it. I've known she'd be starting to walk soon, and I was scared that with the amount of hours he's been putting in he'd miss it. So, the fact that he was there is definitely one of the things I am feeling thankful for.

And even though I complain about us working so much I am very thankful for our jobs.

No comments: