Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hehe. Amusing weather reports

This morning I turned on the news to see if I should venture out in the snow to turn in my over-due library books.
The first thing I saw was the traffic report. As the meteorologist was showing the traffic on 76 a car swerved on the ice, into another lane of traffic. The meteorologist got all excited and said, "we might see an accident happen right now"... then he just stood there and watched the cars swerving to avoid each other. He got a disappointed look on his face when no accidents occurred. Haha. Why is it that no one wants to get in an accident, but everyone wants to watch them?

Then another news anchor came on to inform us that the Philadelphia Zoo is closed. So, just in case you were thinking about trekking through the snow to get to the zoo, to walk around in the freezing cold snowiness you are just going to have to wait for another day

Then a news anchor starts interviewing people in the Deptford Mall parking lot. This one woman was like "yeah my car was sliding all over the roads. So, I think I might go home.... or to Walmart". Seriously? If you car is sliding on the icy roads wouldn't you want to just want to focus on getting home safely? Why put your self in extra danger crazy Walmart people.

I can't wait to watch the rest of the news and find more little things that amuse me.... What else is there to do on a snow day? haha

No comments: