Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Times have changed

When I was a kid I enjoyed reading the back of cereal boxes. They always had fun little quizzes, or mazes, or word scrambles. So this morning, as I was feeding Ryleigh some cheerios (which, by the way, she totally doesn't enjoy and they all just ended up on the floor) I decided to read the back of the box.
This is an excerpt on the history of Route 66 printed on the back, "The comeback of the American Automobile industry following WWII further promoted the use of Route 66, and service station prototypes were developed regionally, and then adopted across the country".
Seriously, who wants to read such big words at 7 in the morning?! Maybe cheerios are considered an adult cereal, but still! I want to be amused at the breakfast table, not educated.
Maybe that's what I get for buying the generic brands instead of the name brands. Haha

No comments: