Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New England here we come

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day, hopefully in a good way. Ryan's going to work early so he can either a) pass his work on to someone else and come home, or b) Get his work done really, really fast in hopes of making it home in time for us to leave.
We have to leave by 12:30 to make it to dinner in time in CT. My parents, grandparents, and about 30 other distant relatives are all going to be there, and I am praying and hoping we make it on time! After dinner we will get a special visit from Santa and open gifts... so even if we can't make it for dinner I really hope we don't miss Santa, it will make me very sad if we do.
After that we're heading up to RI. We'll do Christmas morning with my parents and sis, then my mom's whole side of the family squashes into my aunt's tiny apartment for breakfast. It's just not Christmas unless you are trying to eat your french toast while listening to a hundred kids running around screaming :-) (Ok, a hundred is a little much, but I can think of about 17 off the top of my head).
Then after breakfast we'll take naps, and I think going to another aunt's house for dinner. So much eating!!!
This weekend we'll also go to church with my parents so I can see old friends. And, it's looking like I will also be getting together with some old friends from high school... some of them I don't think I've seen since graduation 9 years ago!
We're also planning on going ice skating, something I haven't done in like 4 years.
I am super excited to be going home this Christmas. I cannot wait to see Ryleigh's face on Christmas morning!!
I hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

No comments: