Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This parenting thing is hard

Ryan and I have come to the conclusion that Ryleigh is heading down a path that will turn her into a spoiled brat. At the tender age of 10 months she is already throwing fits when she does not get her way.
Today we were in CVS waiting for some prescriptions to be filled. She was sitting on my lap, but she wanted to get down and walk. Just being in the pharmacy department creeps me out, with all those people hacking their lungs out as their waiting for medicine. So, there was no way I was going to let her walk all around, picking up germs. I made her sit on my lap, and didn't let her down. Being a typical child she decided to start crying very loudly because she was not getting her own way. Thankfully I was able to distract her by letting her play with a toy, but man, for those few seconds that she was mad I was super embarrassed.
It's not fun having to make my daughter upset. We had about 3 episodes of Temper Tantrum Ryleigh today. None of which neither me nor Ryan enjoyed. It's tough not just giving in to what she wants. But thankfully we've seen enough episodes of Super Nanny, and we've seen enough spoiled children in the grocery store to know that it will only get worse when she's older if we don't deal with it now.
She's also started to think that disobeying is funny. For example, trying to eat cat food, and then when I move her away and say no she finds it extremely funny to immediately crawl as fast as she can back to the cat food.... It is so hard to resist laughing as she's giggling to herself and doing her cute little army crawl!
I knew parenting wasn't going to be easy.... I just never knew the tough parts could start so soon!! Haha

No comments: