Sunday, January 24, 2010

Feeling blessed

Ever since moving to New Jersey my biggest struggle has been making friends. It was extremely difficult when I was nannying, because really, how do you make friends when you're inside with a baby all day? But this week I realized things are starting to look better.

My friend Erin and I took a drive to go visit another friend of ours who moved about an hour away. It was so fun to get all our babies together and watch them play. I also spent an afternoon having lunch at Erin's house, along with another girl friend of ours.

My Bible study started up again this week, which was a huge relief because a) I needed the fellowship with other women, and b) I really need to get back into a routine of reading the Bible.

My Mom's Time Out group also started. I love getting to talk/laugh/relax/eat/and make crafts with all the women at my table. I'm also thankful for the opportunity Ryleigh has to make friends with all the other kids in the nursery while I get some time to myself :-)

I got to visit with a friend who recently had a precious little baby girl. I also got to envision what it'll be like when I have to juggle having two kids as well.

And finally, Ryan and I got to go over to a friends house and hang out with other couples for a game night. I love game nights, especially when they involve good food and lots of laughter.

I really needed this week of encouragement by all the people I have become friends with in my new home of NJ