Thursday, January 21, 2010

Get me out of here!

I just over heard a couple of maintenance guys outside of our apartment (because the walls are so thin you can hear all the conversations around here). They were discussing how much mold is in our hallway.
What the crap! I am so mad! I mean, the hallway has always smelled bad, and I probably should have guessed that it is because of mold, but to have in confirmed is horrible. They talked about how everything is wet and leaking, and it hasn't even been raining. They also were talking about how we have a baby and she shouldn't be exposed to all that mold.
If I wasn't right in the middle of feeding Ry I would have gone out to say something. Now I have to call the office and demand that they do something.

But isn't something like mold a thing that you should check for before letting people move in? I'm no medical expert but I know that on House when people get sick one of the first things they always do is search their house for mold.... not that TV medical dramas are all that accurate. Haha.

I am tired of living in such a piece of crap apartment!! I'm tired of having to call maintenance twice month to come out and fix things. I'm tired of looking at the pre-stained carpet that came with the apartment. I'm tired of the fact that even when maintenance does fix something they do a crappy job and put no quality into anything.


Ugh. I can't wait to move. (and yes, I know that once we have a house it'll be more expensive repairs, and we'll have to hire people and all that, but at least we can get an inspector to check on things like cracks in the ceiling and mold before we decide to move in!)

No comments: