Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What does a doggie say?

-pretty simple answer, right?

wrong.

I have been teaching Ryleigh that doggies say "woof, woof". She has one book that says dogs say, "howl". And I'm sure if you asked random people on the street what a dog says, someone will probably say, "ruff".

What does a cat say? "meow", right? Nope, you'd be wrong on that one as well. According to one of Ry's books a cat says, "purr".

And don't even get me started on what a goat says!

Poor kids can grow up getting so confused. haha.

I think I am going to write an official animal sounds dictionary so then we can all be clear on what sounds each animal makes!

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

Fortunately, Ryleigh has Hera and Lucious as real-life examples. As for the rest of the animal world...you'll have to write that book!