Monday, March 1, 2010

This is gonna be tough...

I am getting ready to go on a ladies retreat with a bunch of ladies from my church this weekend. I am really looking forward to getting to spend time with friends, learning how to better my relationship with God, getting away for a couple days, and maybe doing some shopping. The one thing I am not looking forward to? Leaving Ryleigh!!

I will be away from her for Friday night, all day Saturday, and half of Sunday! When I think about it I start panicking!

I had the option of bringing her with me, but really, what fun would a "retreat" be if I had to try to entertain an extremely antsy/squirmy 13 month old? So I have opted to leave her at home.

I'm very scared of her either a) crying for me all weekend and feeling confused about why I'm not there (The very idea of it brings tears to my eyes).... or there's the other extreme b) she won't care that I'm gone and won't miss me at all.

The one thing I am looking forward to is the alone time with Daddy she'll be getting. Aka, an opportunity for daddy to experience everything that I go through every day. Like trying to go to the bathroom with a baby crying at the door b/c she can't be away from you for a second. Or the fun Sunday mornings of trying to get you, and the baby dressed, fed, packed up for the day at Granny's, get the laundry together, and make it on time for Sunday school. :-)

Anyway, for those of you who think about it, pray that I somehow manage to live without my little precious angel this weekend!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

praying for you micayla! i "know" how hard it is to leave your babies! i dont' like to do it for a few hours! i'm not sure this will make you feel better but most likely she'll be less sad than you are--which is good and a little sad at the same time.

Anonymous said...

As long as she is fed , watered and cuddled she will be fine.....babies have very short memories