Sunday, March 7, 2010

I survived

I survived my weekend away from Ryleigh. And so did she, despite being miserable due to teething.

Of course, it wasn't too hard for me to survive as I relaxed in the hot tub, got dinner catered to me, got a hair cut, spent time hanging out with friends, went shopping, and took a walk along the beach and sat and watched the ocean waves. Haha.

The guest speaker for the retreat was great. She spoke about topics that I am currently going through, so I pretty much felt like she was talking directly at me the whole time. We learned to be happy and content with the things God gave us, whether it's a talent, or beauty, or brains. We also learned not to judge others, and to take time getting to really know the people around you, and learning their life stories.

The speaker is also an author, and as I checked out the books she was selling I couldn't help myself, I had to buy 4 of them. All the titles caught my eye, and all the topics were applicable to me. Plus, I love books :-) So I am looking forward to spending the next couple of days reading them.

I did miss my Rys. But, I was thankful for the chance to be my own person for a weekend, and spend time with friends! I can't wait for next year's retreat!

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

So glad you had this time for yourself and that you were able to enjoy the time and be refreshed physcially and spiritually. Thank you for letting me take care of your Rys! I couldn't have enjoyed anything more!