Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One big annoyance

Today I was at the post office mailing out a package. I decided to just buy one of their bubble wrap package thingys since I didn't have anything at home to put my package in.

So, with Ryleigh in one arm, and the package in another I get the counter and ask for a sticker to write the address on. All annoyed the postal worker says, "We don't have stickers like that. Here's a marker to just write on the package"

I know they do have the stickers, I've used them before.
Also, she handed me a huge marker, with a huge tip.... my package was not very big, so I very carefully had to write as tiny as possible, with a squirmy baby in my arms.

As I am writing the lady very rudely asked me to give her my money.... as if it couldn't wait for me to finish writing!

So I start digging out my debit card out of the diaper bag... I eventually realized I would just have to put Ry on the floor. So I set her down, meanwhile spilling half the contents of the diaper bag :-(

I finally found my debit card, and paid, and wrote the address, and got the package sent out, while illiciting about 5 more glares from the cashier lady.

Geez... why can't people give moms with babies in tow a break?!

And as a footnote I would like to add that I used to just keep my debit card in my pockets to make life easier.... but then I would forget to take it out, and would have to search through all my jackets and pants till I found it, or it would get washed in the washer..... so Ryan pretty much forbade me from doing that again..... so now I have to get frustrated trying to find the stupid thing in the stores. Ahhh!

No comments: