Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Child development psychologist

There are days when I feel like I psychologist, observing Ryleigh and trying to figure out explanations for why she does the things she does.

Take Apple Jacks for example. She had her first taste of Apple Jacks yesterday. I gave her a handful, and she scarfed them down. It took about 2 seconds for her to start asking for more. However, she only ate the green ones. She had a pile of orange Apple Jacks sitting on her tray, but she wouldn't eat them.

We've suspected for a while that she simply just prefers green foods over anything else. She will choose peas over carrots, for example. Well apparently the same rule applies to food that is a different color, but is still exactly the same taste. It took her a while to try the orange ones, and finally this morning I think she realized they taste the same. haha.

I also realized that although she now knows the word "treat", she doesn't really know what qualifies as a treat. This morning she asked for a treat, I handed her some more cereal, and it was sufficient. :-)

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

Child psychology is a requirement of being a mom!!!