Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's all about the little things

Ryleigh is the type of child who does not hide when she is having a BM. I know some children will hide in a corner, or behind a piece of furniture. Not my ultra-lady-like daughter. haha. She is painfully obvious.

Well, this morning I notice her little face start to scrunch up, and start to get a little red (the tell-tale signs). So, with a stroke of genius I decided to take advantage of the moment, and I sat her on the potty. She's been interested in the potty recently. She waves good-bye to the water when it flushes, and the other day she decided the potty would be a good place to put a cat toy.

I didn't really have any expectations with sitting her on the potty. I was just trying to get her to make the connection, and to get a feel for sitting up there. Well, wouldn't you know it. She had no problem sitting there, and doing her business! (probably because she already got interrupted in the middle of the act, and wasn't able to wait any longer. Haha.)

But now I am one happy momma because that was one less poopy diaper to change. Woohoo.

And for those of you who are grossed out about a blog about poop I suggest you don't read any more blogs written by moms. haha

1 comment:

Deborah said...

LOL That's great! Seriously, bodily functions are a regular part of life for a mother. Love it!