Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not my proudest moment

Today something in me snapped. I literally lost all self-control.

Recently we have been stressing about whether or not to buy a house when our lease is up next summer. Basically we're realizing we're not going to have enough money for a down payment. So we have been thinking of signing another lease on our apartment to give us more time to save. I hate this idea because that means we will be spending that year giving away almost 10,000$ to the landlord, instead of putting our money in a financial investment like a house. Arrg!

I really have been trying to accept this and be thankful for what we have. But so far I've been failing big time.

The hardest thing is that we have no backyard for Ryleigh to play in. We have a very nice, green, common area right outside of our apartment. I look at it through the window and wish that I could simply bring Ry outside and let her run in the grass and kick a soccer ball. I tried it one day and realized that the grass is covered in dog poop! We've had issues with our neighbor leaving dog poop on the sidewalk where we have to walk all the time. The issue ended after we complained to the office. Now they're just leaving it all over the grass. I literally cry about it because I am so sad that my daughter can't just go outside to play. And yes, I know we can go to a park, but we're talking about my dreams of owning a house with a white picket fence and all... and it is so hard to think about putting off my dreams until 2012!

So today, after having to walk past another pile of poop I noticed that the neighbors door was open and I just yelled, "CLEAN UP YOUR DOG'S POOP. IT'S DISGUSTING!"..... a minute later we heard their door open and someone walk outside.

As I said, it was not my proudest moment, but man it felt good to yell and just let it all out!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Three sincere words from me: I totally understand!

Micayla said...

Thanks! I'm glad someone understands