Friday, May 7, 2010

Smart kitty

Yes I am a dork and I am writing a blog about my cat. But she really is smart.

Ryleigh loves the cat and is constantly chasing her around trying to give her toys.
So poor Hera was just laying there, unsuspectingly when Ryleigh came over and starts shoving a toy in her face. The cat gave her a menacing look that didn't even phase Ry.
Then before I knew it I saw the cat take a swipe at Ryleigh's hand.... and then she ran. Ryleigh started tearing up a little, so I checked out her hand. She had the tiniest little scratch, that can barely even be called a scratch really. Just a little white line on her skin from where Hera's claw grazed her.

Hera still knew she was in trouble, so she ran and hid. But once I saw that she didn't really do any damage I had some mercy on her.

It kind of amazed me how a cat can have that much self-control, even when getting frustrated. I'm pretty sure she wanted to claw Ryleigh's eyes out, but she simply just gave her a little warning scratch. She knows not to hurt the baby, even though we never taught her that. She just has an intuitive instinct.

And I feel kind of ashamed that my cat has more self-control than me sometimes!!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I'm sure you do just fine! We have some testy trials on our hands, in addition to having our hair pulled and toys thrown at us, just like the cats LOL- And we manage to survive!