Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thank you Ryleigh!

Today Ryleigh decided to give her momma a break by being well behaved, and cooperative.

I decided to go out and buy a potty today. Mostly because I was hoping that it would hopefully make collecting samples from Ryleigh a little easier. As well as the fact that she has been very interested in going potty. So I got a 3-in-1 thing that has the regular separate potty, as well as a seat that can go on the big toilet, and it can also be used as a step-stool.

I really didn't have very high expectations, but I figured I'd give it a try. Plus, we'll be needing one eventually anyway, so why not get one now.
Well, Ryleigh was absolutely wonderful today. First time on her new potty and she peed enough for her urine sample. Woohoo!

Second time on the potty she pooped enough for one stool sample. Wow! Now she just has to repeat that one more time and we're good to go.

The best part is, she requested to sit on the potty both times, and actually really did have to go!

I'm still not ready for full out potty training, but we're off to a good start!
Plus, she is teething... but Ryleigh is a weird teether... she'll be super fussy/runny nose/miserable 2 weeks before teeth ever make an appearance. Now that the teeth have broken the surface she's just super tired!!

So thank you Ry for making mommy's life a little easier!


2 comments:

Shelly said...

yay! good job little girl!

Deborah said...

So amazing, wonderful! Good job Ryleigh! :) Danny has been a terror lately, I hope he picks up Ryleigh's tricks and gives momma a break! Love it!