Saturday, June 26, 2010

So Big!

Ryleigh is seriously getting older so quickly.

It really hit me now that she is in a toddler bed. And now that she isn't really taking morning naps I realize how independent she is. I can just keep her contained in her room and the living room while I shower and she is so good about reading books or playing with toys. She now tells me when she is hungry, and tells me what she wants to eat. I'm pretty sure that if she could open the refrigerator by herself she wouldn't need me for anything (just kidding).

And the rate at which she is learning is astounding. She now recognizes some of her letters, and some shapes. She knows what "R" is for (Ryleigh), and she will sometimes tell you that "W" is for Weber. She can name most of the ocean animals, and most of the farm animals. And she can "read" her own name.

We also have a little photo book in which we've put pictures of all the family members so that she can learn everyone's names. If you ask her to point to anyone she will find them in the book..... except she confuses Amelie and Maeve. She has a hard time with longer names like Aunt Michelle, but she can say "Shell". And she says "Mama" for "Grandma", but she definitely knows who Grandma is!

I think it's just so much fun to see her learn and discover new things. I love that I get to teach her, and take her on all kinds of experience trips to broaden her world. In two days we get to fly to Boston, and I am excited for her first plane ride.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

How fun, have a great time!!! :)