Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Did I go to elementary school?

Today I had the not so fun task of getting pre-natal bloodwork done... I'm pretty sure it's one of my least favorite parts of being pregnant.

When I arrived at the lab there were about 3 people in line at the receptionist's desk, but the sign-in sheet was off to the side. So, I walked right up and wrote my name and appointment time down. Well, apparently a woman in line didn't realize that she could just sign-in, without waiting in line. So she picked up the sheet, and went up to the receptionist and said, "This girl, Micayla, just cut in front of me."

Really? A grown women "telling on me" to the receptionist because I "cut her in line". Wow. I didn't realize I had walked into an elementary school instead of a lab. Part of me wanted to resort to childish ways and explain that I did not cut her, she was just stupid for not paying attention to the sign that said to use the sign-in sheet. But, then I remember I am a grown woman and did not need to stoop that low.

At least it provided me with a chuckle during a not so fun task.

No comments: